Renew Truck is your go-to source for top-quality yard spotter trucks. One of the types of yard trucks that we offer is TICO.
TICO is a well-known brand in the industry and has been producing high-quality yard spotter trucks for decades. The company was founded in 1975 and remains one of America’s largest fleet owners and operators.
At Renew Truck, you can find used and remanufactured TICO yard spotter trucks for your business’ needs. We also remanufacture and repair old yard trucks, so you don’t need to buy new ones.
About TICO Yard Spotter Trucks
TICO yard spotters, or TICO shunt trucks and TICO terminal tractors, are known for their durability.
- 100% USA-made materials
- A large, reinforced composite cab that is corrosion-proof and extra durable
- All-metal dash with a swing-out panel that further enhances durability
- A robust frame with continuous welds to minimize flexing and increases the truck’s lifetime
- The strongest boom in the industry—heavy-duty welded boxed boom with 1-1/2-inch side arms
TICO yard trucks are designed with safety in mind. Among their safety features include:
- A unique bumper that offers protection against frontal impacts and a curbside fender for absorbing impact
- Steel rub protection on the cab sides to minimize damage in tight situations
- A massive automatic rear door spanning 27 inches wide and is 66 1/4 inches tall.
- The power-down-and-up driver-side window for easier and faster operation
- Toe guard under the step to minimize driver slips and falls
- A 65-gallon step fuel tank that requires fewer fuel deliveries and reduced costs
- Hydraulic tank shut-off valves that reduce the need to frequently drain the tank before performing repairs
- Air filter and filter minder that are easily accessible from the ground level without elevating the cab
- Cab power distribution centers which are accessible via the front access panels
- A four-point dual airbag suspension and cab stabilizer
TICO trucks are versatile as well. They have:
- A sliding fifth wheel with a release mechanism that prevents trailer disengagement while the trailer is moving and the brakes are not set
- Durable joy-stick electronic boom controller for reduced maintenance costs
- Optional features (like an overhead wiper system, air conditioning, a suspension seat, vibration-canceling technology, and various lighting options)
TICO features two types of trucks: on-road models and off-highway models. Both use Cummins engines and Allison transmissions—drivetrains with which all our certified techs have extensive experience. They also use Meritor axles and Sheppard steering, which we use in our shop and are familiar with.
Repair or Remanufacture Your TICO Yard Truck?
We understand why owners of TICO trucks want to keep these spotter trucks instead of buying a new truck. Many don’t want to give up on some of their TICO trucks’ best features. Moreover, buying is not always easy for businesses with limited budgets.
As a business owner, you got several options:
- Keep your favorite yard spotter long after it becomes inoperable by rebuilding it to factory specifications.
- Repair or replace truck parts instead of doing a complete remanufacture.
- Buy a used or remanufactured truck, which is more cost-effective but can perform comparably to new trucks.
At Renew Truck, we gladly offer all these options. We are your leading yard truck specialist in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama. Our knowledgeable and friendly team is ready to assist you with any questions and provide a customized solution that suits your needs.